1. On the right as you come out from Albatros there is a convenience store on the other side of the street.
2. On the same side of the street as Albatros, there is a booth where an old lady sells good fruits and vegetables. She has very good papayas.
3. Further on the right on the same side there is a grocery called Albertico.
4. A bit further there is the Janet supermarket.
5. If you go to your left as you come out of Albatros you have the Supermercado Rosa.
BANKS AND MONEY EXCHANGE
You can withdraw pesos from ATM machines in banks such as Banco Popular located beside the Belgium Patisserie as you come out of Albatros on your left, at the Banco Progresso or at the ScotiaBank that you will find by walking to your right as you come out of Albatros.
You can change money at various places in the village. Do not do it on the street. Go inside a bank or an exchange counter. The US$ gives a better rate of exchange. You also can pay with US$ in many places.
DOCTORS AND DENTISTS
Servimed is a medical clinic and dentist office in the center of Cabarete. 809-571-0964
For serious cases, there is Centro Medico Cabarete, a medical centre open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They provide a 24 hours ambulance service 809-571-4696. It is located 8 km from Cabarete, you will see it on your right before getting to Sosua. www.cabaretemedicalcenter.com
The clinic Bournigal in Puerto Plata is well know. 809-586-2343 www.bournigal-hospital.com.
There is also a large hospital in Santiago.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMMUNITY
If you wish to contribute to the community contact the Dream Project. They have offices in Cabarete and their website is http://dominicandream.org